Senior Technical Project Manager
Job Summary :
The Senior Technical Project Manager (STPM) is responsible for providing technical project planning, management and oversight for key internal and client digital projects, ensuring completion on-time, within scope and budget and with an extremely high quality of deliverables.
The STPM will ensure the optimum mix of cost, schedule, performance, and system supportability throughout the life cycle (research, design, development, testing and evaluation, production, deployment and support) of each project.
The STPM leads and manages web and app project and program initiatives and production application support in support of our client project needs as well as other internal product development projects.
The STPM acts as a project management technical lead and technical analysis subject matter expert and is responsible for working with clients and internal stakeholders to deliver technical solutions to App and Web based projects. The STPM manages all phases of service delivery including: user research, competitive research, data analysis, configuration and build, testing and training, and deployment of solutions and will be accountable for all aspects of project management including all project resources (including partners/subcontractors), project planning, scheduling, risk management, scope management, internal and external communications, status reporting, and resource management (internal and partners).
- Evaluates complex situations using multiple sources of information filters, validates and interprets dynamic material
- Manages and appropriately escalates: delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to the product development initiatives
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams and interact with all levels
- Analysis, planning, developing requirements documents, building functional models, developing procedures, developing functional architectures, and other related management and technical duties
- Assigns and monitor work of technical personnel, ensuring that project steps are in alignment with business objectives, on-time and within budget
- Creates a method of change management including ownership of a documentation, communication plans, process training, etc.
- Defines project scope, deliverables, roles and responsibilities in collaboration with stakeholders and business partners
- Defines, acquires, and allocates budget, staff, and other resources necessary to accomplish the goals and/or objectives of the program group/function and monitors performance across resource channels
- Designs and implements processes to monitor and control resources, budget, risks and value to Business Objectives
- Establishes, plans, and executes major milestone reviews and decision gates to complete the program and project life cycle.
- Ensures all the required products are produced and reviewed, including the technical leadership of requirements management, design, implementation, system integration, verification, test, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainment of the technical solution
- Evaluates technological choices (network/hardware related and technology/code related) by querying providers and understanding enough about implications to make choices for the organization that have an appropriate balance between cost /benefit today and future implications and limitations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group; developers, product owners, and subject matter experts
- Exercises broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing many routine and complex projects/programs. Identifies, clarifies and communicates project vision, goals and objectives and how these tie into, support or impedes organizational strategic objectives Manage scope throughout the project duration.
- Maintains accurate program estimates, timelines, project plans, status reports Manages and tracks team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Possesses high level understanding in the areas of web application and mobile programming, content management systems, API, database and system design
- Provide process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards
- Resolves conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies
- Responsible for complex program management tasks and development of standards and processes for scheduling, administration, and accounting.
- Understands, tracks and articulates issues / risks / action items; work with responsible owners to address the items on a timely basis; update the appropriate stakeholders as needed
- 5-7+ years of Technical Project Manager experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, artifacts and tools
- Ability to independently manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between client, client vendors, internal stakeholders and operational project team
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints
- Demonstrated ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, project management
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with quality management approaches, techniques, and principles to ensure quality
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work.
Familiarity with below technologies:
- Project management tools and techniques
- UX/UI development theory and practice
- Business Process Management (nice to have)
- Modern web languages such as .Net, PHP, RoR, NodeJS
- Databases such as MSSQL, MySQL, and NoSQL DBs such as MongoDB
- Source code management services
- Responsive design
- IIS/Apache Web Server/Nginx
- Docker, CI/CD, Jenkins
- SSL management
- Content Delivery Networks such as Cloudflare
- REST and SOAP web services
- Agile Methodology
- SEO fundamentals
- Web data analytics
- Web marketing fundamentals
- Open source CMS choices such as WordPress, Drupal
- Ecommerce packages such as Megento, Opencart, WooCommerce
If you enjoy working in a creative, international environment and love to travel, send your CV and examples of prior work to HR@QUO-GLOBAL.COM
APPLY FOR THIS JOB